Footscray War MemorialPrint Page
Six metre high pillar with columns and a statue of Victory commemorates to the men and women of Footscray who served and who died in World War One and Two. Erected by the citizens of Footscray by public subscription, the statue was unveiled by His Excellency The Governor General, Lord Forster , on the 12th November 1922. The Argus, 13th November 1922.
|Address:||Ballarat Road, Footscray Hill Park, Footscray, 3011|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.794368|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||James Taylor & Sons, Monumental Masons (Footscray,|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 12th November, 1922|
Erected by the Citizens of the City of Footscray in honor of the men of the municipality who served in the Great War 1914-1918 and dedicated to the men and women who served in the Second Great War 1939- 1945