Eaglehawk War MemorialPrint Page
The Eaglehawk War Memorial was unveiled on the 5th August 1922 by the Premier of Victoria, Mr Lawson. The memorial was unveiled during the diamond jubilee of the Borough and was erected by the residents at a cost of about ₤800.
|Address:||Peg Leg & Sailors Gully Roads, outside Town Hall, Eaglehawk, 3356|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.717364|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 5th August, 1922|
The Great War 1914 - 1918. In honour of our brave men and women who served ; and in grateful remembrance of those who died. Over 900 served over 100 died. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we shall remember them.
In honour of the men and women who served their country and in remembrance of those who died in World War II 1939-45, Korea, Malaya & Vietnam campaigns. Lest We Forget