Temora War MemorialPrint Page
Temora War Memorial commemorates those from the district who have served in conflicts in which Australia has been involved. The original memorial was unveiled in 1922 and stood at the intersection of DeBoos and Loftus Streets. It was removed to its present location in 1971.
The memorial is in three parts with the central original monument being a 4.5m high trachyte obelisk with polished grey granite tablets bearing names from World War One. There are panels of wrought iron between the stone corner buttresses, and on either side are granite obelisks commemorating those who served in later wars.
|Address:||Loftus Street, Callaghan Park, Temora, 2666|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.445556|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Tuesday 25th April, 1922|
ERECTED IN MEMORY OF THE MEN WHO FOUGHT AND DIED FOR THE CAUSE OF FREEDOM IN THE GREAT WAR 1914 - 1918.
"Their Name Liveth For Evermore."
LEST WE FORGET
1939 - 1990
FOR GOD KING & COUNTRY
TEMORA & DISTRICT
1939 - 1945
LEST WE FORGET 1939 - 1990
THE 1914-18 MEMORIAL
This memorial was originally built by public
subscription in the centre of the intersection
of DeBoos and Loftus Streets. The foundation
stone was laid by Mr Duncan Sinclair on the
4th August 1921. The memorial was unveiled by
Mrs R Harvey on ANZAC Day 1922.
Senator Pearce, Minister for Home Affairs
represented the Prime Minister, and the Dedication
was lead by the Rev Malcomson, the Presbyterian
Minister. This memorial was moved to its present
position in March 1971.
THE 1939-2000 MEMORIAL
These memorials were erected by the Temora
RSL Sub-branch and were unveiled by
Mr Bert Donaldson and Mr Gerry Mannion. They
were dedicated by members of the Ministers
Fraternal, Father Harding, Rev Woodlands
Envoy Maynard and Flt Lieut Harvey of
RAAF Base, Wagga o