Mulbring Memorial GrandstandPrint Page
Mulbring Memorial Grandstand was erected in memory of those from the district who died in service or were killed in action during World War One.
There was a large attendance at Mulbring Park on Saturday afternoon, when the Memorial Grandstand, erected to perpetuate the memory of fallen soldiers from the Mulbring district, was unveiled. Counillor W. N. Foster, in opening the proceedings, said it was not necessary for him to dwell on the splendid deeds of their soldiers during the war, or on the sacrifice they had made for humanity, because all that was only too well known to them, and had become history. They had assembled to honour the memory of their own dead soldiers, whose memory would be preserved in their hearts. The Rev. Mr. White, Councillor J. A. Niland, Councillor J. Butler, Mr. F. Osland, and Mr. Bert Andrews also delivered short addresses, Mrs. Henley, of Pelaw-Main, sang "Mother's Prayer," and Mrs. Corner, Mrs. Foster, and Mr. F. Osland unveiled the memorial tablet. Subseqently Mrs. Foster severed the ribbon at the entrance to the building, and declared the Mulbring Soldiers' Memorial Grandstand open for the use of the public. In the evening a grand concert was held in the school of arts, in aid of the fund, and there was a very large attendance. A very attractive programme was presented, and closed a memorable day in Mulbring. Over £40 was handed to the treasurer as a result of the day's effort.
Newcastle Morning Herald and Miners' Advocate (NSW),
26 September 1928.
|Address:||Child Street & Maitland Road, Mulbring Park, Mulbring, 2323|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.903756|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Manufacturer:||A. Partridge Wall|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 22nd September, 1928|