www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Returned Services League War MemorialPrint Page Print this page

The Returned Services League War Memorial commemorates Australian servicemen and women who have served in conflicts in which Australia has been invoved.

A granite fixture depicting the Charge of the Light Brigade at Beersheba will be added to the Wall of Remembrance in 2015 with funding provided as part of the Anzac Centenary Grants program.

The original Ingleburn Memorial was located in Memorial Avenue Ingleburn at the entrance to the Memorial Park.  A brick fence and a wrought iron gate was erected and it was officially opened by Major General Sir Charles Rosenthal on the 25th October 1931. A memorial obelisk was erected by returned soldiers in memory of those who died in service or were killed in action during World War One. The Memorial was unveiled on the 11th November 1933. 

Anzac Day Services were held at the Memorial until late 1970 when the overhead road bridge was completed and the level crossing at Ingleburn station was closed. At the completion of the new R.S.L. Club located at Chester Road a small memorial was erected which was used until an Obelisk and new Memorial Walls erected. The new Obelisk was constructed from the original Obelisk bricks at Memorial Avenue.

 

 

Location

Address:Chester Road & Warbler Avenue, Ingleburn RSL Memorial Gardens, Ingleburn, 2565
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.009375
Long: 150.869792
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:Multiple
Link:http://www.warmemorialsregister.nsw…

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Friday 1st November, 1991
Source: NRWM, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design