Hill Top War Memorial HallPrint Page
Hill Top War Memorial Hall was erected in memory of those who died in service or were killed in action during World War One.
It was a big day in the history of Hill Top on Saturday, 30th August, when the newly-erected Memorial all was officially opened by Mr. Jeff Bate, M.L.A. The building, which is constructed of fibro, is a large one, and is fitted with a stage and a kitchen annexe and has an excellent dance floor. The building was erected as the result of the combined efforts of local residents through their Progress Association. Their president (Mr. H. Young) was one of the most enthusiastic workers and was an inspiration to others. The hall has been erected as a memorial to those who paid the supreme sacrifice in World War 2, and will serve a useful purpose in the village.
The Southern Mail (Bowral, NSW), 12 September 1947.
|Address:||Wilson Drive, Hill Top, 2575|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.352125|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 30th August, 1947|