K13 MemorialPrint Page
K13 Memorial commemorates those who lost their lives in the submarine K13 and to all submarines lost between 1914 and 1955.
It is called the "K13" memorial in particular memory of those lost in HM Submarine K13, a steam-propelled World War One K class submarine of the British Royal Navy, which sunk in a fatal accident during sea trials in early 1917. The memorial was established in 1961 by the widow of Charles Albert Harry Freestone, a survivor of K13, who after leaving the Royal Navy emigrated to Australia and developed the prosperous business of C. A. Freestone Pty. Ltd. in Parramatta. The memorial also bears plaques listing the details of other submarines which have been lost in service.
|Address:||304 Pennant Hills Road, K13 Memorial Park, Carlingford, 2117|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.78367|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1914|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1955|
|Monument Designer:||Gerard Lewers (sculptor) Douglas B Snelling (architect)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 10th September, 1961|