Falcon Memorial Playing Fields Print Page
Falcon Memorial Playing Fields commemorate those from North Sydney Boys High School who have served in conflicts since the founding of the school.
The original design featured steel gates, but these have been removed. The gate posts also carried a copy of a plaque commemorating those connected with the School, who served in the Armed Forces. The original of this plaque is located in the Administration Building at North Sydney Boys High School. The original gate posts were removed in 1997 during construction works associated with the Northside Storage Tunnel. Following completion of the project in 2001 the posts and commemorative plaque were reconstructed by the Northside Storage Tunnel Alliance.
A scheme to provide memorial playing fields has been launched at the North Sydney Boys' High School. A fund has been established, sponsored bv the Parents and Citizens' association and supported by the Old Boys' Union between St Leonards and Artarmon stations a site has been chosen on which will be constructed a full sized oval, with pavilion and all necessary modern sporting facilities The sum aimed at for the fund is £12,000. The fields will be a memorial to the old boys of the school who fell in the two world wars.
The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW), 26 June 1946.
|Address:||Brothers Avenue, Cammeray, 2062|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.818067|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||David G Limburg (architect-gates)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 6th May, 1956|
A Memorial To The Masters And Old Boys
Of The North Sydney Boys High
Who Have Served In The Armed Forces
In War Since The Founding Of The School.
Unveiled By The Governor of New South Wales
Lt. Gen. Sir John Northcott KCMG, KCVO, CB.
5th of May 1956.