Trafalgar Memorial Wall Print Page
|Address:||55 Kitchener Street, Trafalgar-Thorpdale RSL Hall, Trafalgar, 3824|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.209756|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2013|
LEST WE FORGET
In 1919, a Trafalgar branch of the Returned Sailors and Soldiers Imperial League of Australia (RSSAILA) was formed.
In 1922, the new memorial hall was opened by the Governor-General, Lord Forster.
The Trafalgar R.S.L. sub-branch served Trafalgar for 71 years, and in 1993 this sub-branch went into recess.
In 2007, the Trafalgar and Thorpdale R.S.L. sub-branches amalgamated.
In 2013, this memorial wall was erected for past serving members of Trafalgar and the surrounding districts, as a lasting memory to all military personnel who served their country.