Wardell & District War Memorial HallPrint Page
The Wardell School of Arts moved into a new building on Richmond Street on 18 May 1927. The new building was named the Richmond Hall.
Fine timber from the old School of Arts was used in the construction of the new building, which contained a hall with stage, a billiard room and an extensive library. At the rear of the hall was a separate building, the Wardell Soldiers’ Hall. The Soldiers’ Hall was destroyed in a cyclone in the early 1950s.
The hall is now known as the Wardell and District War Memorial Hall in honour of the many young volunteers from the area who left these shores to serve their country. It has been cared for over many years by a small band of Trustees and a Hall Committee.
|Address:||Richmond Street, Wardell, 2477|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.951812|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
Wardell & District
War Memorial Hall
To the memory of those who served
1914 - 18 1939 - 45
Malaysia - Borneo
Lest we forget.