Kettering Community Memorial Hall Print Page
Kettering Community Memorial Hall was erected in memory of those who served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved. The present hall replaces the war memorial hall opened in 1954 which was destroyed in the 1967 bushfires.
About 1,000 people attended the opening of the Channel War Memorial Hall by Mr. Falkinder, M.H.R., of Kettering on Saturday. Built by Mr. J. Batchelor, of Snug, at a cost of £8,000, to which the Government contributed £500 on a subsidy basis, the hall is vested in the Kingborough Council, and replaces the hall destroyed by fire in 1942.
The Mercury (Hobart) 18th October 1954.
|Address:||2963 Channel Highway , Kettering, 7155|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -43.125619|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 16th October, 1954|
This community centre replaces a public hall destroyed by fire on 7th February, 1967 and was opened by Brigadier E. M. Dollery M.V.O., O.B.E., M.C., Chairman Kingborough Municipal Commission on 20th December, 1969