Pioneers of All Saints ChurchPrint Page Print this page

A stained glass window, unveiled and dedicated in 1946 by the Duke of Gloucester and the Archbishop of Sydney, was a gift of the parishioners in grateful remembrance of the Pioneers of the church.

All Saints Church was built on land left in the will of the Reverend Samuel Marsden, who also bequeathed 200 pounds for the erection of the building. The building was designed by James Houison and was started in in 1846 and completed in 1847. The church was consecrated by Bishop Broughton of Sydney on January 27th, 1848. As it was too small for the congregation, it was extended in 1862, and the steeple was added.



Address:Elizabeth Street & Victoria Road, All Saints Church, North Parramatta, 2151
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.809494
Long: 151.009219
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Culture


Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1946
Source: H,MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au