www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Closed ChurchesPrint Page Print this page

08-February-2021
08-February-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque commemorates churches of the District which are now closed.

 

Location

Address:Thomas Street & Walker Place, Middleton Pioneer Hall, Middleton, 5213
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.508282
Long: 138.706009
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 4th October, 1981
Front Inscription

This Plaque Commemorates The Following Churches Which Have Been Active In The District But Are Now Closed

Glenford Baptist Church  - Commenced 1862.
Castle Ranges Bible Christian Church  - Commenced 1859.
Middleton Congregational Church  - Commenced 1859.
The Presbyterian Church Fellowship Held At The Mill House
                   In The 1860s.
Port Elliott Wesleyan Church  - Commenced In The 1860s.
Middle Bible Christian And Methodist Church  - Commenced 1863.
Unveiled By Mr. D. F. McLeod And Dedicated By
The Rev. R. A. Lovell, 4th October, 1981.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design