Maranoa Collieries Memorial SignagePrint Page
The signage at the Maranoa Collieries Site is a memorial to the coalminers. It features a commemorative plaque and a metal sculpture representing a miner at work.
The Maranoa Colliery, was established near Injune in 1926 to supply coal to the Queensland Railways and local consumers. The mine closed in 1963 when it lost sales to the railways following the introduction of diesel-electric trains. Saleable coal production from the mine totalled 542 000 tonnes.
The mine employed many local men and contributed significantly to the development and growth of the town.
|Address:||Carnarvon Highway , 4.5 kilometres South of Injune, Injune, 4454|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -25.868153|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||May-2012|