Enoggera DamPrint Page
Commemorative plaque notes that the new construction of the dam incorporates the 1866 structure.
The Enoggera Dam is the oldest major dam in Queensland, being commissioned by the Brisbane Municipal Council in 1864 and completed in 1866.
The Enoggera Dam demonstrates technological changes over a significant period of time. Since its 19th century construction it has been modified a number of times, particularly after floods in 1870, 1887, 1931, 1967 and 1974. The original outlet work was constructed in masonry, a practice that was discontinued and replaced by concrete shortly after the dam's completion. Modifications were also made in 1908, 1912 and 1982 to improve water quality. Despite the changes, the dam structure remained in near original form until 1977 when major modifications were made to it. This included raising the height, constructing a new byewash and rebuilding the water delivery arrangements.
|Address:||Waterworks Road, Enoggera Reservoir, The Gap, 4061|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.445556|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1977|