Bank of AustralasiaPrint Page
Plaque commemorates the opening on the Port Fairt branch of the Bank of Australasia in 1853
|Address:||Cox & Sackville Streets , Port Fairy, 3284|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.385281|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1853|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1953|
1853 - 1953
This plaque commemorates the opening on 5th July 1853 of the Port Fairy branch of the Bank of Australasia. The bank was merged on 1st October 1851 with the Union Bank of Australia Limited in Australia and New Zealand Bank Limited.
ANZ Bank 1857 formerly Bank of Australasia Architect : Nathaniel Billing