Mundaring-Kalgoorlie PipelinePrint Page
A sculpture commemorates the Mundaring to Kalgoorlie pipeline designed by Engineer-in-Chief C.Y. O’Connor.
The pipeline carries fresh water from the hills on the outskirts of Perth to the eastern goldfields of Western Australia, across a distance of 560 kilometres. It took five years to build and was completed in 1903. It is still in use today and supplies water through 8000 kilometres of pipe to almost 100,000 people and 6 million sheep throughout the goldfields and surrounding agricultural areas.
|Address:||Site of Old Railway Station, Wooroloo, 6558|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.800556|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.