First Railway Station Print Page
The first railway station opened in Ipswich in 1865. It was the first railway station built in Queensland, as the first terminus for the 34 kilometre section of the Main line from Grandchester. In 1887, the station was completely rebuilt.
In 1978, a large office and retail complex (currently known as Ipswich Central Plaza) was built above the station and spanning both sides of Bell Street.
|Address:||Bell Street, Ipswich, 4305|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.612241|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.