Centenary of Commercial Sugar MillingPrint Page
Five concrete pillars representing sugar cane are set in a pool, erected at a cost of $5000 by CSR and presented to the people of Ingham to commemorate the centenary of sugar milling which commenced in Darkwater, New South Wales in 1870.
|Address:||Jane & McIlwraith Streets, Ingham Botanical Gardens, Ingham, 4850|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -18.651944|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1970|
Presented To THE CITIZENS OF INGHAM by THE COLONIAL SUGAR REFINING CO. LTD. TO MARK THE CENTENARY OF COMMERCIAL SUGAR MILLING BY THE COMPANY
C.S.R first crushed cane commercially at Darkwater, NSW 1870.