Tullah MemorialPrint Page
A tribute to the township of Tullah, the base for the Pieman King and Anthony Power scheme and the last of the eleven hydro-electric villages.
|Address:||Farrell Street, Tullah, 7321|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.73733|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Stephen Walker|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th November, 1998|
This sculpture was commissioned as a tribute to the township of Tullah, the base for the Pieman King and Anthony power schemes and the last of eleven Hydro construction villages.
The people who lived and worked in these villages played a very important part in our construction industry. Our highly skilled workforce created the
maginificent Tasmanian hydro electric system.
The completion of the Anthony Power Scheme in 1994 saw the end of major hydro electric development in Tasmania. It also saw the end of the 'Hydro villages' which have been a part of the Tasmanian landscape for 80 years. Whilst our construction days are over, we will continue to bring clean hydro-electricity to the Tasmanian community as we have done since 1916.
Hydro- Electric Corporation
7 November 1998
Sculptor : Stephen Walker