Low Head Pilot StationPrint Page
Gateway commemorates 150th anniversary of oldest existing building and 180 years of continuous manning of the pilot station.
A pilots and a signal station was established at Low Head (Georgetown) in 1805 and is Australia's oldest continuously used pilot station. Current buildings date from 1838.
|Address:||399 Low Head Road, Low Head Pilot Station , Low Head, 7253|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.063943|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 2nd November, 1985|
1805 - 1985.
This gateway was officially opened by His Excellency Sir James Plimsoll, A.C., C.B.E., Governor of Tasmania on Saturday, November 2, 1985 to commemorate the 150th anniversary and the 150th year of continuous manning of Low Head Pilot Station. Port of Launceston Authority.