Comprehensive Water SchemePrint Page
Plaque unveiled to commemorate the water supply to the town. The plaque is on a brick monument on concrete platform over an old well.
A long awaited amenity, the installation of a reticulated water supply for the township, took place with its linkage to the comprehensive water scheme in October 1959. To commemorate this historic occasion, the Minister for Works (Mr. John Tonkin) unveiled a plaque. Previously the lack of an adequate water supply had been the prime factor in retarding the growth
and improvements in the town.
|Address:||Albany Highway, Williams Rest Stop, Williams, 6391|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.030456|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||October -1959|