Railway MonumentPrint Page
A monument commemorates the men and women who worked at Victoria Park Station, and four Station Masters, Messrs Flood, Blakeley, Chopping and Pike.
|Address:||Kitchener Avenue, Railway Station, Victoria Park, 6100|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.971686|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 20th September, 1997|
This seat is a tribute to the railway men and women who served the travelling public since the railway was laid on the 20th September 1892, in particular the station masters and their wives at Victoria Park
F. Flood 1922 - 1949 F. C. F. Blakeley 1949 - 1950
S. L. Chopping 1950 - 1955 D. E. Pike 1955 - 1969
Dedicated on Saturday 20th September 1997 by Ron Davies MLA Victoria 1962 - 1985 and railway official 1941 - 1961
Australian Railways Historical Society
Historic Victoria Park Society
President Mr. J. B. Wise
Builder : Screed Harper St Victoria Park