Golden RidgePrint Page
Obelisk and plaque to abandoned gold mining town.
Golden Ridge is an abandoned goldfields townsite located about 20 kilometres south east of Kalgoorlie. It was originally a Business Area under the Mining Act known as "Waterfall", and when more residential land was requested by the Waterfall Progress Committee in early 1910 the government decided to declare a townsite. The townsite of Waterfall was gazetted in December 1910, but the Commonwealth Government soon objected to the name because it was duplicated in New South Wales. The Waterfall Progress Committee suggested the name "Golden Ridge" as an alternative, this being the name of the local mine at the time, and the town often being referred to as "The Ridge".
|Address:||Mount Monger Road, 20km SE of Kalgoorlie, Golden Ridge, 6430|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.851944|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 3rd September, 1961|