Quartz Gold MemorialPrint Page
This memorial marks the location of the site of a vrich quartz crushing in 1856 when Dane and party put their first lot of selected stone through the Berdan Crushing machine which yielded 49ozs to 54ozs to the ton.
It is constructed with local quartz stones overlaid with concrete crosspieces to represent poppet heads.
|Address:||Big Hill Road & Main Street, Stawell, 3380|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.05275|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||Stawell Progress Association|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1953|