Echuca - Deniliquin RailwayPrint Page
A monument commemorates the opening of the inter-colonial railway from Echuca to Deniliquin in 1876.
|Address:||Sturt Street, Railway Station, Echuca, 3564|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.130617|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-July-1876|
|Actual Event End Date:||04-July-1876|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 4th July, 1976|
Commemorating Australia`s first inter-colonial railway connection
Echuca-Deniliquin by the Deniliquin & Moama Railway Co.
July 4th 1876.
Unveiled by A.G.Gibbs A.O., Chairman of Victorian Railways Board
D.K. Oberin, Mayor, City of Echuca
W. Rapley, President Australian Railway Historical Society
July 4, 1976