Bendigo - Echuca RailwayPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the centenary of the railway from Bendigo to Echuca.
The Bendigo line was extended to Elmore and Echuca in 1864, and across the Murray River into New South Wales in 1876 to connect with the private Deniliquin and Moama Railway Company from Moama to Barnes and Deniliquin. The company was taken over by the Victorian Railways in 1923.
|Address:||Sturt Street, Railway Station, Echuca, 3564|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.130617|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||19-September-1864|
|Actual Event End Date:||19-September-1864|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 10th October, 1964|
Erected to commemorate the centenary of the opening of the railway from Bendigo to Echuca on September 19, 1864.
Australian Railway Historical Society - Borough of Echuca - Victorian Railways
October 10, 1964