Bears Lagoon Water SupplyPrint Page
Monument commemorates the first permanent stock and domestic water supplies in Victoria.
|Address:||Loddon Valley Highway, Bears Lagoon, 3517|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.329265|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||August-1858|
|Approx. Event End Date:||November-1858|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||2007|
This is a Bi-Centennial project by the East Loddon and District Historical Society. This plaque commemorates the development of the first permanent stock and domestic water supplies in Victoria.
In 1858, landholders adjacent to the Serpentine Creek contributed the sum of P434-4-6 to develop permanent water supplies. This project began in August 1858 and water flowed into the Serpentine Creek in November 1858.