www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Millers Forest Co-operative CreameryPrint Page Print this page

Mitchell Forest Co Operative Creamery Plaque Inscription
Mitchell Forest Co Operative Creamery Plaque Inscription

Photographs supplied by Brian Walsh

Plaque erected in 1971 commemorates pioneers and their contribution to the development of the dairying industry and the Hunter Valley. The plaque is inset into one of the building stones of the creamery which was established in 1890. The creamery was one of the first operating in the Lower Hunter prior to farm separation.

Location

Address:Raymond Terrace & Woodberry Roads, Millers Forest, 2324
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.763317
Long: 151.700317
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Technology
Sub-Theme:Industry

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1971
Front Inscription

This Plaque Is Inset In One Of The
Original Building Stones Of The
Creamery Established On This
Site About The Year 1896 By The
Millers Forest Co-Operative
Creamery Limited. The Officers
Of The Company Then Were :-
JOHN KEARNEY    A.J.KING      P.A.SCARR
Chairman               Director          Manager
The Creamery Was One of The First Operating In The
Lower Hunter Prior To The Introduction Of Farm
Separation. This Plaque Commemorates The Work &
Unselfish Spirit Of The Early Pioneer Families
Their Valuable Contribution To The Development Of
The Dairying Industry & The Hunter Valley In General

Source: H, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design