Finn MonumentPrint Page
A cairn commemorates one hundred years of trading by the Finn family.
Thomas Joseph Finn established a general store in the Canowindra district in 1869 at Moorbel, then known as Belmore, to serve the nearby mining community. He later established businesses at Gaskill Street Canowindra, firstly at the site of the present State Bank, and later at the east end of Gaskill Street, where the building still stands. The Finn family and the Canowindra Historical Society sponsored the monument in 1969 to mark 100 years of trading by the family.
|Address:||Moorbel Drive, Near Mandurama Road junction, Canowindra, 2804|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.561934|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1869|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1969|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1969|