Boggabri Railway Station CentenaryPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the centenary of the railway station.
On the 18th July 1882, at a ceremonial dinner held in the Railway Station buildings, Sir John Robertson, sponsor of the Robertson Land Act 1861 , declared the Railway officially opened in Boggabri. With the coming of the railway the business sector moved away from their sites in Laidlaw Street, favouring locations closer to the railway in Brent Street.
|Address:||Oakham Street, Railway Station, Boggabri, 2382|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.703611|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1882|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1982|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1982|