www.monumentaustralia.org.au

ANZ Bank Albion Park Branch CentenaryPrint Page Print this page

13-September-2015
13-September-2015

Photographs supplied by Peter F Williams
A plaque commemorates the opening of a branch of the English, Scottish and Australian Bank at Albion Park in 1884. The branch was one of the forbears of the  Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ).
 

ANZ is one of the largest companies in Australia and New Zealand and a major international banking and financial services group, which is among the top 100 banks in the world. ANZ world headquarters is located in Melbourne, where it first opened an office as the Bank of Australasia in the 1830s.
 

The English, Scottish and Australian Bank was established in 1852. This was an Anglo Australian bank. In 1951 the Bank of Australasia merged with the Union Bank of Australia to form ANZ Bank. In 1970 in what was then the largest merger in Australian banking history, ANZ Bank merged with the English, Scottish and Australian Bank Limited to form the present organisation, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited.

Location

Address:144-150 Tongarra Road, ANZ Bank, Albion Park , 2527
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.570715
Long: 150.77408
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Technology
Sub-Theme:Industry
Approx. Event Start Date:1884
Approx. Event End Date:1984

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1984
Front Inscription
              ANZ BANK
              1884 - 1984
THIS PLAQUE COMMEMORATES THE OPENING
OF THE ALBION PARK BRANCH OF 

THE ENGLISH SCOTTISH AND 
AUSTRALIAN BANK LIMITED
ONE OF THE FOREBEARS OF
AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND 
BANKING GROUP LIMITED
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design