Discovery of GoldPrint Page
A monument commemorates the discovery of gold at the Canoona in 1858, which was the first north Australian gold rush.
|Address:||Bruce Highway, Canoona, 4702|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -23.077552|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||August-1858|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1965|
Canoona Gold Field
This stone of commemorates the discovery of gold hereabouts by W. C. Chapple in 1858 and the presence here of those men who subsequently contributed largley in the establishment of Rockhampton
Erected 1965 by the Rockhampton and District Historical Society