Federation Bridge ("Brolgas")Print Page
The Federation Bridge is a cast on site and push bridge, the first of its type on the Murray River. That means that a 195-metre bridge deck was constructed out of concrete on the northern bank of the river and was then pushed, piece by piece, out over the river until it touched the southern side. The new bridge has become a preferred and alternate crossing place to the John Foord Bridge, an aged wooden structure that was built in 1895, more than 100 years ago.
|Address:||Federation Avenue & Sanger Street, Corowa, 2646|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.994832|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||High Country Forge|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 21st November, 2009|
Corowa Shire Council
Federation Bridge Artworks
Her Excellency, Professor Marie Bashir AC CVO, Governor of New South Wales
on the 21st November 2009 in the 150th Anniversary Year of the
Proclamation of the Town of Corowa
This sculpture was commissioned to commemorate the construction of the Federation Bridge over the Murray River at Corowa
B J Corcoran General Manager
G J Poidevin Mayor