First Ploughing in Ringarooma DistrictPrint Page
A monument commemorates the first ploughing in the Ringarooma and Legerwood Districts in 1866 by Robert Boyd and James Harper.
View Google Map
|Address:||Ringarooma Road, Legerwood, 7263|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.215965|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1866|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1866|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 20th February, 1988|
Front InscriptionSource: MA
1788 - 1988
Erected to commemorate the first ploughing in the Ringarooma and Legerwood areas in 1866 by Robert Boyd and James Harper on "Legerwood Estate," the property of James Scott.
Unveiled 20th February 1988 by Jean & Chris Walsh.
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au