Sue LipplegoesPrint Page
Plaque on plinth commemorates Sue Lipplegoes who was a champion water skier.
|Address:||Dean Drive, Boat Ramp, Lake Bonney, Barmera, 5345|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.248022|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th January, 2012|
"I was born in Barmera in 1956, the daughter of Neville and Joan Wright.
My rewarding sporting career started on Lake Bonney, Barmera at an early age with my brother Greg and sisters Debbie, Carol and Dale.
We all became members of the Barmera Water Ski CLub and I skied my first tournament, on Lake Bonney, in 1966.
My best friend, Sue FIeldhouse, and I spent many hours training on the lake and I would like to acknowledge the involvement that the club had in forming the basic skills necessary to achieve the pinnacle of my sport - 2 World Records" Sue Lipplegoes 2011
• Won 14 Open Women’s Australian Titles including 10 Jump Titles, 2 Trick Titles and 2 Overall Titles
• Represented Australia at 6 World Championships, winning 3 Silver Medals and 1 Bronze Medal in Jump
• In 1981 set a World Record in Jump of 41.0 metres (135 feet)
• In 1983 set a World Record in Jump of 45.8 metres (150 feet) to become the first woman in the world to jump 150 feet
• In 2011 Inducted into the Australian Waterski & Wakeboard Federation Hall of Fame