George HarveyPrint Page
A plaque will be unveiled at Elwick tomorrow morning to denote the origin of the new wrought-iron Elwick entrance gates, erected to the memory of the late Mr. George P. Harvey, a former chairman of the Tasmanian Racing Club. Mr. Harvey was a club committeeman for 25 years until his death in a level crossing accident at Elwick in 1949. The G. P. Harvey memorial gates were erected from a fund subscribed to by Tasmanian racing bodies and friends. The unveiling ceremony will be performed by the chairman of the T.R.C. (Mr. W. Arnold), at 11.30 a.m.
The Mercury (Hobart), 20th November 1953.
|Address:||6 Goodwood Road, Elwick Racecourse, Glenorchy, 7010|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.826667|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 21st November, 1953|
These gates were erected 1953.
To the memory of George P. Harvey Esq. A former chairman and Committeeman of the Tasmanian Racing Club 1926 - 1950