Lamond Family Plaque Print Page
Plaque on Lamond Hill, South Molle, commemorates Henry Lamond (1885-1969), writer and other members of his family.
In 1927, Henry Lamond purchased the six Molle islands, establishing a farm on South Molle. Lamond had a strong interest in natural history and wrote widely on that subject (and others) in the popular press. His articles did much to publicise the Whitsundays internationally, though that does not seem to have been his aim. During his years on South Molle, he successfully applied to the Queensland Government to gazette his leaseholdings as a bird and animal sanctuary, with him appointed as ranger. However, by 1937, he had sold all the islands and moved to a farm at Lindum, Brisbane.
|Address:||Lamond Hill, South Molle, 4741|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -20.265672|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.