Thomas Little Print Page
Thomas Little Memorial Hall formerly the Church of the Immaculate Conception, was rededicated after extensive building renovations in 1979 in memory of Thomas Little.
Thomas Little, was a local landowner who sponsored Irish Catholic settlement in the Dardanup area. Little provided the land and building materials for the establishment of the Church and monastery for his household, tenant farmers and local community and raised funds for its completion.
The church land and materials were donated by Thomas Little in 1852 to Dr Serra for construction of a church and monastery, similar to St Benedicts Monastery of Subiaco and New Norcia. Building began in 1854 and the building was in use until 1938. The church was the first Roman Catholic Church to be built in Western Australia. It was used as a school in the 1870's and again from 1938.
|Address:||Ferguson Road, Catholic Precinct, Dardanup, 6236|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.397828|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||Thomas Little|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1979|