James and John WhitePrint Page
A fountain commemorates James and John White who were the first settlers of the Burrangong District.
James White was the first European settler in the district and established Burrangong Station in 1826 with a squatting claim of 100 square miles.
|Address:||Ripon & Campbell Streets, Carrington Park, Young, 2594|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.315551|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1826|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1928|
James and John WHite.
Pioneers & first settlers of the Burrangong District
Erected by citizens in grateful remembrance.
In memory of Sarah Musgraves
1854 - 1937
Duaghter of John White