Francis Charles ViretPrint Page
Monument commemorates Francis Charles Viret. A portion of his headstone was found by the Hunters Hill Historical Society and restored with a plaque to his memory in 1976 and the street was named after him.
Viret was a signatory to a successful petition in 1860 to Governor Denison to declare the village of Hunters Hill a municipality. He died in 1878 at the age of 78 and was interred at St Anne's Churchyard Ryde. The site of his grave was lost during the widening of Victoria Road in 1960 . A portion of his headstone was found by the Hunters Hill Historical Society and restored and a plaque erected in 1976 to his memory and the street was named after him.
|Address:||Viret Street, Viret Street Reserve, Hunters Hill, 2110|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.834144|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1976|