Davidson FamilyPrint Page
Plaque unveiled in 2013 in recognition of the Davidson family who owned the Mandamah West property from 1874 until it was subdivided in the 1900s.
Henry Thompson Davidson and his brother Charles arrived at Hay in the early 1870s, possibly during 1873. Both the Davidson brothers were employees of the Australian Joint Stock Bank during their period at Hay, working as bank-clerks under the manager James Macgregor.
Henry and Charles Davidson left Hay in June 1874 to go into possession of a station purchased for them by their father at Mandamah West near Barmedman.
A supper to honour the departing Davidson brothers was held at the Caledonian Hotel on 5 June 1874. Mr. James MacGregor, of the Australian Joint Stock Bank, Hay, gave a supper to a number of friends and influential townsmen, on the occasion of Messrs. H. and C. Davidson leaving the bank under his management, to go into possession of a station purchased for them by their father. About thirty gentlemen sat down at the Caledonian Hotel, to one of those elegant repasts which Host Cox knows so well how to get up - which charm the eye, and delight the palate of the favoured guests.
Riverine Grazier, 10 June 1874.
|Address:||Mandamah Road, Mandamah , 2666|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.210004|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2013|
This plaque is in recognition of the
Who owned this property
until this holding was completely
subdivided in the 1900s