Max HenryPrint Page
Memorial library at the Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute in memory of Max Henry (1883-1959), veterinary surgeon and army officer.
Largely through Henry's efforts the Australian Veterinary Association had been established in 1921. He was foundation honorary secretary (1921-24), federal council-member (1924-34 and 1941-46), editor of its journal (1925-28) and president (1926-28 and 1944). In 1938 he visited Europe, Britain and North America, and attended the Thirteenth International Veterinary Conference, in Switzerland.
From the time he took up duty in 1906 as a veterinary inspector with the Health Department until his retirement from the position of secretary of the Australian Veterinary Association in 1949, he was a driving force and an inspiration in movements to advance his profession wherever possible. He played an outstanding part in the advancement of Veterinary Science and of the Veterinary Profession in Australia.
|Address:||Woodbridge Road, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Menangle, 2568|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.117736|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.