Albert Stephen StannerPrint Page
A stained glass window erected by friends commemorates Albert Stephen Stanner, Church Warden from 1895 to 1924.
At the morning service at St. James Church of England, on Sunday last, Colonel Macarthur Onslow unveiled a pair of beautiful stained glass windows recently erected by the congregation and friends in memory of the late Arthur Foote Onslow and Albert Stephen Stanner, who for a quarter of a century held the offices of Churchwarden , and for some years longer were actively associated with the Church. The windows, which are representations of St. James and St. Philip, were supplied by the firm of Powell & Sons, and were selected by Colonel Onslow during his recent visit to England, and indeed a fitting addition to the already beautiful building. The Rector, Rev. C. J. King, in a brief reference, to the long and consistent service of the deceased gentlemen, remarked how fitting it was that the memory of two who had so long been associated in service to their Church should still be associated in such a beautiful memorial.
Camden News (NSW), 16 April 1925.
|Address:||131 Menangle Road, St James Anglican Church, Menangle, 2568|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.128908|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1895|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1924|
|Monument Designer:||Powell & Sons|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 12th April, 1925|
Erected By His Friends In Memory Of
Albert Stephen Stanner.
Church Warden 1895 To 1924.