Reverend Samuel Leigh (Leigh Memorial Uniting Church)Print Page
The Leigh Memorial Uniting Church stands on one of the most important national sites for the Methodist Church of Australasia and is named in memory of the first Methodist minister, the Reverend Samuel Leigh (1785-1852) who arrived in 1815. Leigh Memorial Church was opened in 1885, with worship and community services having commenced from an original chapel on the site in 1821.
Reverend Leigh was for a while acting superintendent of the Sydney circuit and later was appointed to Parramatta. After his wife died in 1831, he returned to England.
|Address:||119 Macquarie Street, Leigh Memorial Uniting Church, Parramatta, 2150|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.815519|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1885|