www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Reverend Donald BlackwoodPrint Page Print this page

11-November-2013
11-November-2013

Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

The Blackwood Chapel was dedicated to commemorate the ministry at the Holy Trinity Church by the Reverend Donald Blackwood.  He was minister of the church from 1924 - 1942.

Location

Address:50 Warwick Street, Holy Trinity Church, North Hobart, 7000
State:TAS
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -42.876612
Long: 147.321082
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 10th November, 1946
Front Inscription

A. M. D. G.

This chapel was dedicated by the
Rt. Rev. G. F. Cranswick, Bishop, of
Tasmania on November 10, 1946,
To commemorate the ministry of
Donald Burns Blackwood,
Rector of Holy Trinity, Hobart,
From 1924 to 1942.  
And afterwards Bishop of Gippsland.

A. M. D. G.
And in loving memory of
The Rt. Rev. Donald Burns Blackwood
Died 25th June 1967

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design