Archbishop Guildford Clyde YoungPrint Page
Rose window in Cathedral and Transepts commemorates Archbishop Guildford Young who died in 1988.
He was ordained a priest in Rome on 3rd June, 1939, after a brilliant academic career at Propaganda Fide College. Returning to Australia he was appointed secretary to the Apostolic Delegation for a short time until he was consecrated Auxiliary Bishop of Archbishop McGuire of Canberra-Goulburn in St. Mary’s Cathedral, Sydney, on 8th September, 1948.
He was translated to Hobart as Coadjutor in November 1954, and succeeded to the See on the resignation of Archbishop Tweedy in September the following year. He died in 1988.
|Address:||Harrington Street, St Mary`s Cathedral, Hobart, 7000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.880989|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Stephen Moor|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1989|