Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop & Father WoodsPrint Page
Seven wooden sculptures created by with a chainsaw, commemorate Father Woods and Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop who in 1866 founded the Australian Sisters of St Joseph. The order provided free Catholic education initially for the isolated bush children of Penola.
|Address:||Riddoch Highway, Father Woods Park, approximately 20 kilometres north of Penola, Glenroy, 5277|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.196097|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Kevin Gilders|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 23rd May, 2010|