Father Leo MurphyPrint Page
Pipe organ is a memorial to Father Leo Murphy.
Father Leo Murphy was assistant priest at St Ignatius from 1942 until he died in 1957. A fund was set up to purchase a pipe organ as a memorial to him and in accordance with the instructions of Pius XII who had ruled that a pipe organ was the approved instrument for use during the liturgy and to accompany singing.
|Address:||30 Kensington Terrace, St Ignatius Parish, Toowong, 4066|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.486167|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 8th March, 1959|