www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Canon Samuel WatkinPrint Page Print this page

17-June-2018
17-June-2018

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The marble chapel altar (blessed sacrament) was erected to commemorate Canon Samuel Watkin who was Rector for thirty-two years from 1920 to 1953

He was ordained at Lichfield Cathedral (England), came to Queensland in 1915 as organising secretary of the Church of England Young Men's Society. He was later Rector of Holy Trinity, Woolloongabba, before transferring to The Valley.

Location

Address:141 Brookes Street, Holy Trinity Church, Fortitude Valley, 4006
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.453613
Long: 153.037878
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Religious Object
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1920
Approx. Event End Date:1953

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 14th August, 1955
Front Inscription

A. M. D. G.

Dedicated to the memory of Canon Samuel Watkin Rector of this Parish 1920 - 1953

By the Lord archbishop of Brisbane the Most Rev. R. C. Halse D. D.

14th, August 1955.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design